Sunday, December 2, 2007

Easy Cream of Broccoli Soup

I thought I had everything together to do a daily post again. Then life happens.
My oldest had a car accident. She's ok, the car is not and the Jaguar she hit is even worse. And they claim it's my daughter's fault. Perhaps it is, but a Jag can go from zero to sixty in only a couple of seconds. The lady didn't even try to brake or swerve and when her husband came to get her, he started to shout and she shushed him, then pulled his head down, whispered something to him and he immediately shut up. So I wonder what her driving history is.
So I've spent the last week trying to get the car back to our county from about an hour from here and getting another car we had that wasn't usable roadworthy.

Anyway, here's a nice recipe for Cream of Broccoli Soup:

1 Polybag of frozen broccoli - about 32 ozs.
2 cup water and
2 chicken bouillon cubes or
2 cups chicken broth/stock
1/4 to 1/2 cup dry milk powder
2 tbs butter
1 tbs lemon

Put the broccoli in a large pot with the water/bouillon or chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook through. Do NOT drain. Put the broccoli and it's water in a blender. Add some dry milk powder and some butter and lemon. Whirl it until it's creamy. Takes about 10 minutes to make this. If you want, add some grated cheese to the mixture after it's blended. Yummy!

1 comment:

ThreadBeaur said...

Sounds really good. I think I will try this with some cheddar cheese!